The Charter School Philosophy
Pinecrest Academy of Nevada’s educational program is modeled after specific innovative learning methods and strategies that have proven successful in raising student learning and achievement.
These include but are not limited to:
- A standards-based curriculum based on Common Core Standards for Learning
- A thematic approach to integrate core areas of study such as mathematics, reading, language arts, writing, science, and social studies.
- Appropriate assessments for learning (screening, progress monitoring, and diagnostic)
- Data-driven high-quality differentiated instruction
- Supplemental programs for student advancement and remediation
- Support for teachers and ongoing professional development for advancing technology and other 21st century resources
- Research-based instructional practices (i.e., Marzano's High Yield Teaching Strategies and Coalition of Essential School's Principles)
- Weekly grade level and monthly staff meetings and ongoing professional development workshops
- Tutoring for remediation and acceleration
- Targeted interventions for struggling readers
and students performing below grade level.